tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 15 12:30:58 1996

Re: KLBC : Bird of Prey

> From:          POB41 @ INTERNET (Sa' qIQwI') {[email protected]}
> To:            TLHINGAN @ INTERNET (Multiple recipients of list) {[email protected]}

> Our distinguished grammarian Mr Anderson replies to cpt Ady:
> >Adrian Luca (Captain Ady) writes:
> >of Klingon grammar given in The Klingon Dictionary shouldn't try to
> >learn that way.  You're doing a lot right, but you are also doing a
> >lot wrong.  What you're doing wrong is easily corrected, unless you
> >refuse (for whatever reason) to look at TKD.
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> I should think that our Romanian friends don't have
> TKD available in every kiosk.  I should also think
> that TKD would cost something like a few month's
> salary... am I right, Captain?  Don't worry, I think
> we'll figure out something for you.
>
> Qapla'
> Sa' qIQwI'

I was about to reply to this dishonorable rudeness as well.   I
remember distinctly that Captain Ady sent several messages about
trying to FIND a copy of your blessed TKD.  He eventually got a reply
directing him to the KLI merchant page.  I would assume he has either
ordered it or is going to at his convinince.  I have noticed a
disturbing amout fo rudness directed at the non-American
members of this list who have joined recently.  I think some of us
should be a little more understanding of not only the difficulties of
getting the materials to learn this language, but also the
difficulties of learning a THIRD language through the medium of a
SECOND language.  I have become more and more disillusioned with the
type of behavior I have observed and the interminable repetition of
non-answers given on this list.  Klingon may continue to thrive, but
if it does it will be IN SPITE OF this type of behavior.

Qapla'
mu'vaj.

Back to archive top level