tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 25 15:14:09 1996

Re: KLBC double object verbs

>Is "Ich wohne nicht" a complete sentence?  I'm trying to grok the statement
>that "Ich wohne" demands a locative and is incomplete without one.  I still
>read "I dwell" as meaning "Dwelling is something I do...

My Father and I have had a series of arguments, he states that it's not
gramatical, I, on the other hand, state that if you can say:"Ich liebe
nicht" (I don't love",  with which there is nothing wrong, as far as we both
can see. The statement:"Ich wohne nicht" must be correct, because the only
difference is the verb, "wohne" and "liebe", but then again, I'm no expert.
I'll ask my German teacher when I go visit my old school.

Qapla'

Daniel

Back to archive top level