tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 21 16:26:54 1996

Re: Star Trek: Klingon

<<<<<Uncloaking>>>>
Rich M wrote:

>	BTW, Gowron is supposed to be the "tutor" on this program.  No
>disrespect to his eminence, but couldn't they have found a Klingon with
>better pronunciation?  I just saw Way of the Warrior again and reallyth
>listened to him.  Well, let's just say he's no Marc Okrand in the
>pronunciation department.  THIS is our great teacher??!?  ghuy' cha'!!!

You gotta remember what he was reading.  Okrand was not consulted at all when
WOTW was done.  It was Ron D. Moore picking through the dictionary part agin.
 (I'd swear that man has never read the grammer section.)  Ron is also the
one that keeps coming up with new words that shouldn't be possible.

Okrand wrote all the tlhIngan Hol in the CD-ROM.  And he was there for the
filming.  And he mentioned at a con back in October, that he had coached
Robert & MO thought he did very well.  Allowing for having to wear teeth.
 Heck, Okrand would sound bad if he had to wear the teeth.

An actor is only as good as the work they're doing.

r'Hul
<<<<Recloak>>>>

Back to archive top level