tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 22 01:49:52 1996

Star Trek: Klingon

> >	BTW, Gowron is supposed to be the "tutor" on this program.  No
> >disrespect to his eminence, but couldn't they have found a Klingon with
> >better pronunciation?

> An actor is only as good as the work they're doing.

At last weekend's UK convention "Neutral Zone" in Newcastle - upon -Tyne,
Robert O'Reilly showed the attendees a demo version of the beta
release of "Star Trek: Klingon." According to him, there were still a
few bugs in the voice recognition software, but otherwise the
interface ran "as smoothly as butter," and what little was shown
proved to be extremely interesting. The most notable thing was the
intro, which was apparently all in tlhIngan Hol.

The good news is, providing they can eliminate the bugs seen in the
demo version, Star Trek: Klingon should hit the US next month
(April). I recommend you don't hold your breath, but at least the
word is now that you will be seeing it on sale _before_ your newborn
children are old enough to vote.

I'll keep you informed.

Alex.
"Oh, my God, Professor! It's rampaging down 42nd Street! Guns won't stop it!" - nameless assistant
"I have a theory ... call me a fool if I'm wrong, but ... maybe if you were to load the guns with bullets ..." - Professor Commonsense
email me on [email protected]. Just call me Lord Sinister

Back to archive top level