tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 21 00:39:12 1996

No Subject

0 23:17:58 EST, ghunchu'wI' wrote:

>If you want to collect strange proposals for unit fractions, here's one:
>use {yoy}. :-)  1/3 would be {wej yoy}.

I know this was just a joke, but I just wanted to point out that using {yoy}
would not work unless the Klingon system of transcribing mathematical
operations worked as ours: placing numbers on top of each other to represent
the numerator and denominator.  If I wanted to use another method to write
this, say, 1:3, then {yoy} makes no sense at all.

SuStel
Hovjaj 96219.6

Back to archive top level