tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 11 23:47:45 1996

No Subject

n a message dated 96-03-11 16:45:17 EST, you write:

>>>wa'DIch, *pIcarD* wIHoHnIS
>>This "adverbial" use of {wa'DIch} isn't mentioned in TKD, and I don't know
>>of any canon examples of it.  I don't like it.
> Why not?  It clearly translates to "First, we must kill Picard".  I'm not
>quite sure you think that this doesn't work.  Isn't the point of adding
>{-DIch} to numbers to list first, second, etc...?

wa'DIch refers to Adjectival use of numbers to modify Nouns.

Try:  latlh wIta'pa' *pIcarD* wIHoHnIS

For "secondly", "thirdly," etc. it's simply vaj vaj vaj vaj ad infinitum.

Or, maybe the experts have some other ideas.

peHruS

Back to archive top level