tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 11 14:31:18 1996

Re: No Subject

>>"In order that you play football, you need to kick this sphere."
>
>This is another jump-in before the answer by our illustrious BG.
>
>*football* DaQujtaHvIS moQHom Dapup
>
>We could use wIQujtaHvIS and wIpup instead.
>
>Sometime back I posted moQHom for ball and it was pretty well accepted.
>
>I do like -taHvIS (while) to express the concept (by a Verb).
>
>peHruS

vItlhIjnIS  I am replying to my own posting re: football.

I must agree with all you folks who have said that {*football* wIQujmeH
moQHom wIpup} is the proper way to express "We play football by kicking a
ball."  The {-meH} construction is better.

peHruS

Back to archive top level