tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 10 10:18:08 1996

No Subject

ated 96-03-08 12:51:34 EST, Chris Lipscombe wirtes:

>As you are not asking for commentary on an existing translation
>attempt, I am going to jump the gun and have a go at this without
>waiting for the BG.
>
>My apologies to ghunchu'wI' for this hideous affront {:)
>
>How about this...
>
><football> DaQujmeH moQvam DapupnIS
>
>"In order that you play football, you need to kick this sphere."

This is another jump-in before the answer by our illustrious BG.

*football* DaQujtaHvIS moQHom Dapup

We could use wIQujtaHvIS and wIpup instead.

Sometime back I posted moQHom for ball and it was pretty well accepted.

I do like -taHvIS (while) to express the concept (by a Verb).

peHruS

Back to archive top level