tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 11 08:40:50 1996

Re: nabwIj - tlhIngan wo' batlh

On Mon, 11 Mar 1996, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

> I don't know how much I trust it either, but FWIW it occurs in Krankor's
> Klingon Anthem ("...'ach Heghmaj yIpIHQo' ghaytan wa'DIch jagh'e'
> DIHeghmoHmo'").  So Krankor obviously likes it.  This may or may not mean
> anything.

The Anthem predates a lot of our knowledge of Klingon, though.  He also
uses lots (okay, a couple of) verb+ghach constructions, with no
intervening suffixes.  Not that we've had any recent enlightenment of the
use of number+DIch.  I think, though, that if Krankor were writing the
Anthem today, he'd do many things differently.

Hmm, I thought it was /wIHeghmoHmo'/.  I'll look it up when I get home.

> ~mark

--Holtej

Back to archive top level