tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 11 08:23:25 1996

Re: nabwIj - tlhIngan wo' batlh

>Date: Sun, 10 Mar 1996 19:46:14 -0800
>From: [email protected] (Alan Anderson)

>[email protected] writes:

>>wa'DIch, *pIcarD* wIHoHnIS

>This "adverbial" use of {wa'DIch} isn't mentioned in TKD, and I don't know
>of any canon examples of it.  I don't like it.

I don't know how much I trust it either, but FWIW it occurs in Krankor's
Klingon Anthem ("...'ach Heghmaj yIpIHQo' ghaytan wa'DIch jagh'e'
DIHeghmoHmo'").  So Krankor obviously likes it.  This may or may not mean
anything.

>>juppu'wI' bIleghmeH, romuluSngan HoS puS 'ach DIchargh

>"My friends, for you to see, few strong Romulans; but we conquer them."
>I'm at a loss to understand the middle of this sentence.  What did you
>want to say?

Note that its *singular* you in "for you to see" also, so the seer is
obviously not the same as (all of) "my friends".

~mark

Back to archive top level