tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 30 09:00:46 1996

Re: Word list [AGAIN!]

  "Mark E. Shoulson" <[email protected]> wrote:-
> But we're supplying words (and meanings) not in the dictionary; you still
> need to buy it. And they never had those words in their copyrighted texts
> anyway.

  In some Tolkien language dictionaries that I made, when the Tolkien language
periodical `Vinyar Tengwar' got permission from the Tolkien Estate to print
them, there were <three> copyrights involved:-
  Copyright of the individual Quenya etc language words : with the Tolkien
Estate.
  Copyright of the compilation: with me.
  Copyright of the typesetting: with Vinyar Tengwar.

  (`Vinyar Tengwar' is Tolkien Quenya (High Elvish) for {mu'mey chu'}.)

Back to archive top level