tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 31 11:41:10 1996

Re: Word list [AGAIN!]

R.E.Newcombe wrote:

> d'armond,
> Despite what you said about Paramount's lawyers, Lawrence DID say that a
> full list of new vocabulary from HolQed would be put on the FTP site after
> the qeq'a'.
> You have been a Klingonist a damn sight longer than most and hence have
> had the opportunity to build up a list of all published canon, not all of
> us are in that fortunate position !
> Qapla' nuqHm

I had forgotten Lawrence's promise to make new stuff available via ftp.
Now, of course, it's all on the KLI's WWW page, kudos to charghwI' and
~mark!

But what the KLI has done is a bit different than what that other fellow
was suggesting.  The KLI has a license with Paramount to use Klingon.
And they are not putting the *entire* lexicon of Kligon up there (though
I'm not sure about any legal issues there), but a collection of post-TKD
words (and some based on errors in TKD).

For an individual to make a comprehensive lexicon of Klingon publicly
available, I stand by my original comments.

-- Holtej

Back to archive top level