tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 31 11:45:10 1996

Re: Word list [AGAIN!]

Anthony Appleyard <[email protected]> wrote:

>  In some Tolkien language dictionaries that I made, when the Tolkien language
> periodical `Vinyar Tengwar' got permission from the Tolkien Estate to print
> them, there were <three> copyrights involved:-
>   Copyright of the individual Quenya etc language words : with the Tolkien
> Estate.
>   Copyright of the compilation: with me.
>   Copyright of the typesetting: with Vinyar Tengwar.

loQ bImIS qar'a'?.  _Quettar_Daq nargh mu'ghommeylIj;  _Vinyar Tengwar_Daq
narghbe'.

Aren't you a little confused?  Your word lists are being published in _Quettar_,
not in _Vinyar Tengwar_.

>   (`Vinyar Tengwar' is Tolkien Quenya (High Elvish) for {mu'mey chu'}.)

qarbe'.   _Vinyar Tengwar_ mughlu'DI', "new letters" Suqlu';  "new words"
Suqbe'lu'.

Not true.  _Vinyar Tengwar_ means "new letters", not "new words".

T'Lark
(Irene Gates)

Back to archive top level