tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 28 19:25:22 1996

Is there any GOOD Klingon on video?

My aunt, who teaches linguistics at George Mason University in Virginia,
has begun using Klingon in phonetics exercises. She writes:  "Somehow, to
them, Klingon is inherently more interesting, attention-grabbing than,
say, Quechua."

She sent me her class handouts for comments and corrections -- I'm taking
care of that -- but she adds another question which, with as little tube
time as I have, I'm not qualified to answer (though I suspect the answer
is "There ain't no such beast!"):

  On the next round, I'd like them to listen to more Klingon
  -- the video I had was too short. Can you recommend a
  TV episode or movie segment in which there is a lot of
  *good* Klingon spoken? If it was one that is *for sale*,
  that would be great, 'cause then I can show it in my class
  each semester and put it on reserve. (Or, if you could
  send me a good copy of a clip, that would be second best.)

Can anyone help me with this?

tlhIngan veQbeq marqem la'Hom -- Heghbej ghIHmoHwI'pu'!
Subcommander Markemm, Klingon Sanitation Corps --
       Death to Litterbugs!
  http://www.dragonsys.com/klingon/klingon.html

               NO SOLICITORS OVER 18
  Religious, commercial, charitable, or otherwise
         ** Offenders will be COMPOSTED **

Back to archive top level