tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 23 10:44:17 1996

Re: chaw' vISuqnIS [Windows splash screens]

>I would also like to zip the screens up into a package along with
>instructions and and invitation to make a donation to KLI and/or my 501c3.
>How many bureaucrats do I need to beat into submission to get permission?

nuq bIH "splash screens"'e'?  "desktop"Daq lucha'lu''a'?  "Windows 95"
taghlu'DI' lucha'lu''a'?
What are splash screens?  Do they go on the desktop or is it the opening
screen to Win95?

"Windows 95" vIghajbe', 'ach ghaj jupwI', vaj "shutdown screen" vIchoHmoHlaH.
I don't have Win95, but my friend does, so I know how to change the
"shutdown screen".  (But I don't know how to change the opening screen yet.)

"Windows 3.1" vIghajmo', "opening screen"Daj vIchoHmoH je.  vaj "Windows"
vItaghDI', "Connecting to the Klingon Empire" cha' De'wI'wIj, 'ej
"trefoil" cha' je.
I've also changed the opening screen to Win3.1, since I have it.  So when
I load up Windows, I get a screen with the imperial trefoil and a message
saying "Connecting to the Klingon Empire".  (Instead of the usual
"Microsoft blah blah blah" screen.)

"Windows" choHmoHmeH pat DaboS DaneHchugh, qaQaHqangqu'!
If you are putting together a package for "Klingonizing" Windows, I'm
quite willing to help!

 dave yeung
{toD Duj 'oH toDuj'e'}
Courage is a ship to the rescue