tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 23 10:32:34 1996

Re: some homophonies

>  then rescue ship-his send-undoubtedly Federation
>  warrior courage tests.inconclusively cosmos garbage marksmanship
> Now I know why that liable-to-confusing homophony {vaj} = "warrior" &
>"then"!!
>And others!! Ye qa''a'pu', couldn't the film studio have recorded and
>dubbed in a proper replacement bit of Klingon speech here, rather then
>makeshift with such a strained retro-fit!?

A more interesting question is the ancient Klingon composition of the
word {DIvI'}.

{DI} {vI' (n)} "garbage marksmanship", i.e. "garbage shooting-for-practice"
{DI} {vI' (v)} "accumulated garbage"

Either way, it doesn't say very much about what {tlhInganpu'} think of
the {DIvI'} Federation.

 dave yeung
{toD Duj 'oH toDuj'e'}
Courage is a ship to the rescue