tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 22 09:15:54 1996

some homophonies

  A.Appleyard wrote:-
> ... (3) {ngeHbej} = "cosmos" looks like {ngeH-bej} = "send-watch". The
> "send"  part may be coincidence; but could "to watch" be genuinely one part
> of it? ...

  Dave Yeung <[email protected]> replied (Subject: Re: misc):-

> To my knowledge, that was a backfit.
> {vaj toD DujDaj ngeHbej DIvI'}
> Then the Federation will <definitely send> a rescue ship.
> {vaj toDuj Daj ngeHbej DI vI'}
> Shooting <space> garbage is no test of a warrior's mettle. ...

  then rescue ship-his send-undoubtedly Federation
  warrior courage tests.inconclusively cosmos garbage marksmanship

Now I know why that liable-to-confusing homophony {vaj} = "warrior" & "then"!!
And others!! Ye qa''a'pu', couldn't the film studio have recorded and dubbed
in a proper replacement bit of Klingon speech here, rather then makeshift with
such a strained retro-fit!?

Back to archive top level