tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 23 10:00:53 1996

Re: Big Enterprise

ghItlh beHwI''av
>Sorry for reacting only now and this has probably been said.
>On CK Marc Okrand says:{tera'ngan SoH'a'} = "Are you a Terran?"
>Did everybody notice the {-'a'}

Yes, but isn't it because here, the pronoun {SoH} is treated as a verb, e.g.
{tera'ngan jIH} = "I AM a terran" and therefore can take verb suffixes?

>Now remember the "subject-object" prefix (it|it), it's { }.
>It may be possible that he was saying {'entepray' (it|it)'a'}.
>I do realize that it is wrong to do that, but do the actors
>really give a {Qu'vatlh}  about {tlhIngan Hol}.

Well, I do believe Marc Okrand did all the tlhIngan Hol for movies 3-6, as well
as coach the actors on the pronounciation, etc... Also, ST5 had quite a bit of
Hol

Qapla'
-chIya'ghu

Back to archive top level