tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 18 04:23:15 1996

Re[2]: how to say "any"

The question is similar to what is intended by "Do you speak American
Indian?"  The intent is "Do you speak any of the American Indian languages
(of which there were over 500)?"

However, some non-Federation races may have the impression that there is only
one Federation language -- in much the same way that many people without
Native American heritage believe that all Indians were just "Injuns" and that
they weren't representatives of vastly differing cultures.

--
More acts of bang _teH_