tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 17 07:15:23 1996

Re: Another answer from HolQeD

>Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 10:47:56 -0700
>From: Alan Anderson                        <[email protected]>

>~mark writes:
>>...Look at HolQeD 5:2, p. 14.  A Skybox card is quoted:
>>
>>...and the object is "quHDaj"/his heritage (apparently a new word,
>>since I can't find it...)...

>It looks like a typographical error -- the word {qun} "history" makes
>perfect sense here.

I'd like to believe that; I wouldn't mind losing "quH" as a word in favor
of "qun" since the meanings work so well.  But "H" is an unlikely typo
(though h for n is more likely).  I think this is a proceed-with-caution
situation (like most are, to me).  I'm not willing to dismiss it as a typo
offhandedly just yet.

~mark

Back to archive top level