tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 16 09:07:26 1996

Re: KLBC: jIlIH'egh [Introduction]

>Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 12:33:49 -0700
>From: Dave Yeung <[email protected]>

>>Either bIQ Hal or bIQ tlhIl works well for me, and I agree that bIQ Hal
>>may be closer to "spring".  I would like bIQ tlhIl (water is a mineral,
>>after all, and can be mined), were it not for the fact that "tlhIl" is
>>"mineral"  as a noun and only "mine" as a verb (which I only noticed when
>>typing the paragraph).  Too bad.  "water mine" for "well" is cool.  I
>>think that's what Ken was saying above.  But bIQ Hal works very nicely.
>>~mark

>Isn't {tlhIlHal} given as "mine (noun)"?  Why not {bIQ tlhIlHal}?
>I think the word was used for "(dilithium) mine" in CK.

I thought there was a word for "mine" as a noun someplace; I just didn't
look carefully.  Yes, bIQ tlhIlHal sounds quite nice for "well" (though
since it's a compound of Hal I'm not sure it's really any better than just
"bIQ Hal," unless you have a need to specifically note that it's like a
mine.)

~mark

Back to archive top level