tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 07 13:11:32 1996

KLBC: Questions on word translation

Greetings,

I was questioning myself which is the correct term for these words

Surname (Family name)           qorDu'

Can I use this term that means family as House or Clan name?

Nationality              rewbe' (citizen)

I can't find an appropriate term in the Klingon Dictionary for nationality,
the most similar term that I found is citizen, but how can I say citizenship
in Klingon?

Date of Birth           qoS (Birthday)

But it has the same meaning, or litteraly I must use jaj for day, but I
didn't find any equivalent term for birth (there is one?)

Place of Birth          Daq-???

Not having found a term for birth I can't come up with a word to use
together with Daq (place) Any ideas?

Date of issue          jajtagh

Can I use tagh meaning "begining of a process" and day at the place of date?

Date of expiry            jajta'

And ta' in place of expiry? Have any other suggestions?

Residence       juH

I think that home can be used to mean residence.

sex

i didn't found any Klingon word in the Klingon Dictionary indicating the sex
of person or animals. Is there any?

Height

I can' find the correct way to say Height, the only two words that are verbs
that in my humble opinion suit better are  tIn (to be big) and jen (to be
tall) but how do you make them nouns? This point puzzle me.

color of eyes

Ok, mIn means eye, but I didn't find any word for color. Without starting a
big discussion on what color means for Klingons already discussed in this
list, it's possible that Klingons have all the same eye color? There is no
word (at least I didn't found it) for color in Klingon. Hints?

Thanks to anyone that can give suggestions, they are welcome!

Andrea

Back to archive top level