tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 03 18:54:57 1996

Re: Quantifiers: KLBC

peHruS writes:
>No.  A thousand times no.  I believe Klingons have their own concepts of
>measurements and their own ways of expressing them.

We know they measure time in years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes,
and seconds.  We know they measure length in kellicams.  We know they
measure frequency in Hertz.  They count "things".  These are the concepts
I can think of right away that have names for the units of measure; they
sound pretty close to the way "we" express them.

>MO simply has not
>revealed them to us, YET.  Until we can know how Klingons measure things, we
>can transliterate Terran terms, yes.  But, I am convinced Klingons do have
>measures we do not know about.

I don't quite understand what you mean.  Are you suggesting Klingons might
have a quantitative measure of things like greenness or anger, or are
you talking about units of measurement for things like velocity or weight?