tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 04 23:10:47 1996

Re: Quantifiers: KLBC

In a message dated 96-07-03 22:00:03 EDT, ghunchu'wI' writes:

>Until we can know how Klingons measure things, we
>>can transliterate Terran terms, yes.  But, I am convinced Klingons do have
>>measures we do not know about.
>
>I don't quite understand what you mean.  Are you suggesting Klingons might
>have a quantitative measure of things like greenness or anger, or are
>you talking about units of measurement for things like velocity or weight?

>From evidence of all Earth languages, each of which has its own way of
measuring distance, time, volume, speed, etc., now influenced by the dominant
languages of the Earth, I believe that Klingons have their own systems of
measurement, too.  Although I have been inquiring about how we quantify
verbal action, the abovementioned post was referencing measurements {chuq},
{lurgh}, {poH}, etc.

Perhaps the Wish List is alive and well!

chojangta'mo' qatlho'     Qapla'

peHruS

Back to archive top level