tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 03 15:08:13 1996

Re: KLBC: Introductions

ghItlh Dave Yeung
>There were lots of mispronunciations in the
>Holodeck Adventure.  I cringed when I heard "b_ay_yem'a'"

Because one mispronounces something, it doesn't mean it isn't cannon.  This is a
MO/paramount project so it is cannon, it's just that some people can't pronounce
as well as others...

>(some names are also verbs)...
>Maltz {matlh} for example.  It also means to "be loyal".  Now suppose
>Maltz is the son of Kahless.  {qeylIS puqloD matlh}.  Now how do I know
>I'm not saying Kahless's loyal son, as opposed to Kahless's son Maltz?

You would probably know by the introduction or context.  Also, I don't see how
{qeylIS puqloD matlh} can be Kahless' loyal son since matlh is not an
adjective.....

>Also, why would anyone name their son {Mogh} "to be frustrated", or did
>the writers not consult TKD when they made that name?

Why not?  Maybe something in Mogh's family history...however, the writers
probably didnt check on TKD, they just thought it sounded cool...

>SoHvaD jIjatlhneS

Since this sentence has an object, {SoH}, you need the verb suffix {vI-} (I-it)!

Qapla'
-chIya'ghu

Back to archive top level