tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 02 18:59:57 1996

Re: KLBC: Introductions

On Tue, 2 Jul 1996 [email protected] wrote:

> ghItlh Dave Yeung:
> >Hmm... Is "Star Trek:Klingon" considered "canon"?  Because in one scene,
>
> Yes it is since it is Paramount/Okrand project

Yeah, but my impression of it is that Okrand was involved only with the
Language Lab section of it.  There were lots of mispronunciations in the
Holodeck Adventure.  I cringed when I heard "b_ay_yem'a'"... :)

> >Qua'lon (sp?) sings "poq torghen puqloD" that is "Pok, Son of Torghn".
> >So that would make "wo'rIv mogh puqloD", wouldn't it?
>
> The {wo'rIv mogh puqloD} was one I had before (refer to my other post on
> this...i was looking for a more literal version).  Still, do not discredit
> ghunchu'wI''s choice, because I don't think there is a right way, rather you
> introduce yourself how you want.

I just thought of something... some names are also verbs.  Let's take
Maltz {matlh} for example.  It also means to "be loyal".  Now suppose
Maltz is the son of Kahless.  {qeylIS puqloD matlh}.  Now how do I know
I'm not saying Kahless's loyal son, as opposed to Kahless's son Maltz?
Also, why would anyone name their son {Mogh} "to be frustrated", or did
the writers not consult TKD when they made that name?

> Welcome
>
> Qapla'
> -chIya'ghu

SoHvaD jIjatlhneS