tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 03 14:56:10 1996

Re: Big Enterprise

ghItlh kaylar:
>putting the 'a' at the end of a word does make it a question. So the
>captain could have said, "The Enterprise?" Just as he might have said
>"The Enterprise---."

The captain DID say "Enterprise?".  But putting {'a'} at the end of a word does
NOT make that word/phrase a question.  The {-'a'} ending for interrogation can
only go at the end of a *verb* not a noun...That is why I asked about this in
the first place.  Klaa used {'a'} wether attached to {entepray} or not to ask a
question ("enterprise?") but since it can't be added to a noun, I speculated
that this might be a new way to ask a question and was wondering if MO had said
anything about this....

Qapla'
-chIya'ghu

Back to archive top level