tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 29 19:04:29 1996

Re: KLBC: tera'ngan pab

ghItlh 'etlhqengwI':
>pab wIja'chuqDI', mu'mey motlhbe' ghItlhtaH ghojwI'pu' po'.

{ja'chuq} is glossed as "discuss, confer" in TKD.  It's obviously
the verb {ja'} plus the suffix {-chuq}, so it can't have an(other)
object.  If you use the meaning "confer", you can understand why.
For the meaning you want, consider instead using the verb {qel}.

>jIHvaD tera'ngan pab paq lI' yI'ang vay'

pupbejbe' mu'mey DIlo'bogh.  ghaytan muboQchu'be' DIvI' Hol paq.
I think sometimes we toss off terms rather loosely here.  Because we're
talking about an "unnatural" language, the precise terms used by linguists
aren't always perfectly applicable.  If there's something you don't quite
understand -- and you *want* to understand it -- just ask.  Someone will
likely have a good explanation; perhaps someone will have one that makes
sense. :-)