tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 29 13:39:47 1996

Re: KLBC: tera'ngan pab

>Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 09:06:41 -0800
>From: "Garrett Michael Hayes" <[email protected]>

>pab wIja'chuqDI'

Type-1 verb suffixes can only be used with "no-object" verb-prefixes.  Now,
this is probably because cases like this weren't in Okrand's mind when he
made this up, but the rule is there.  I don't know if it made it into the
official wish-list, but I remember discussing this and wishing we had an
okay for "*pab wIja'chuq" for a long time (like, since before the first
qep'a').  But so far, the rule is all we have.

~mark

Back to archive top level