tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 30 09:04:04 1996

Re: KLBC: tera'ngan pab

On 29 Jan 96 at 19:07, Alan Anderson wrote:

> ghItlh 'etlhqengwI':
> >pab wIja'chuqDI', mu'mey motlhbe' ghItlhtaH ghojwI'pu' po'.
>
> {ja'chuq} is glossed as "discuss, confer" in TKD.  It's obviously
> the verb {ja'} plus the suffix {-chuq}, so it can't have an(other)
> object.  If you use the meaning "confer", you can understand why.
> For the meaning you want, consider instead using the verb {qel}.
jIyaj

> >jIHvaD tera'ngan pab paq lI' yI'ang vay'
>
> pupbejbe' mu'mey DIlo'bogh.  ghaytan muboQchu'be' DIvI' Hol paq.
> I think sometimes we toss off terms rather loosely here.  Because we're
> talking about an "unnatural" language, the precise terms used by linguists
> aren't always perfectly applicable.  If there's something you don't quite
> understand -- and you *want* to understand it -- just ask.  Someone will
> likely have a good explanation; perhaps someone will have one that makes
> sense. :-)

jIyaj 'ach paq pong vIneHqu'

'etlhqengwI'

Garrett Michael Hayes;  Client/Server Labs
8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 332,  Atlanta, GA 30350
[email protected],  http://www.cslinc.com
770-552-3645 voice, 770-993-4667 fax

Back to archive top level