tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 20 10:12:13 1996

Re: cha'logh jImeQ

SuStel writes:
>...This is what I was looking for when I asked about "still."  Although I
>don't think you need to get so convoluted about it:  {wej SIStaH 'e' mev}.

I do think this needs to be {SIStaH wej 'e' mev}.

> Some people may get twisted up over the placement of wej in the sentence,

Good call. :-)

>but "not yet stopped" is exactly the sort of idea I was looking for.

"Not yet stopped" by itself is {wej 'e' mev}.  Remember that {'e'} is a
*pronoun* which refers to the previous sentence, {SIStaH}.  {'e'} and {net}
are not conjunctions which tie together two verbs inside a single sentence.
They always appear *in* the second sentence of a two-sentence construction.