tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 09 09:34:37 1996

Re: KLBC: several questions

>Date: Sat, 6 Jan 1996 20:29:50 -0800
>From: [email protected]

>I am impressed by the sentence structure {De' Sov qar'a' HoD} in that it
>shows me Klingons do juxtaposition Stative Verbs into the heart of their
>sentences.

I'm not sure how sensible things can be about interposing verbs at will in
the middle of sentences.  The use of "qar'a'" shown is explicitly permitted
by TKD (see the addendum), which says that "qar'a'" can be used as a marker
for tag-questions and may come at the end of the sentence or follow the
verb.  I'm not sure you can generalize, and if you can I'm not sure what it
would mean.

~mark

Back to archive top level