tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 05 14:20:23 1996

Re: newbie comments

At 12:38 3-01-96 -0800, you wrote:

>majQa'! jIQochbe'qu'.
>Do'Ha' mu'ghom vISovchu'be' 'ach reH paq'a' (TKD) vIlo'laH.
>
>Rough Translation: Learn the grammar first, then learn the vocabulary.

jIQochbe'qu' je. That's what I do: I wrote myself a program to do the
looking up and with the help of that I translate tlhIngan Hol I encounter
here to immediately try to get to the grammar without actually knowing al
the vocabulairy involved yet. In that process I of course also pick up
pieces of vocabulairy, but I'm not "learning vocabulary", as it were (also
because I lack the time to do that thoroughly ;-)).

Qapla'
peSHIr

          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level