tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 19 12:17:07 1996

vIchup

To you tera'nganpu' on the mailing list who actually know what they're
saying in tlhIngan Hol, I believe that the Skaldskaparmal (The Language of
Poetry) found in the Edda (Medieval Scandinavian "textbook") can prove quite
interesting.
I am now rereading it, and the battle-oriented figures of speech used by the
Scandinavian poets of old to express themselves strike me as very Klingonesque.

For exemple: storm of swords=battle, corpse-dew=blood, they rubbed
beards=they held a conference, in angry rivet-masts conference=in battle,
wind-hall=sky...

IMHO, a people who pride themselves in their cursing prowess would very
likely hold dear the ability to use such metaphores in poems/songs.

P.S. Do those who think this is out of subject, I don't apologize in
advance. ;-)

nejwI'

Back to archive top level