tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 19 13:04:35 1996

Re: vIchup

qaghItlhneS:

: For exemple: storm of swords=battle, corpse-dew=blood, they rubbed
: beards=they held a conference, in angry rivet-masts conference=in battle,
: wind-hall=sky...
:
: IMHO, a people who pride themselves in their cursing prowess would very
: likely hold dear the ability to use such metaphores in poems/songs.

I think, using such use of language, is FANTASTIC... IN POEMS AND SONGS.

Many times, we have people who like to combine nouns and such into
such poetic combinations.  You can see what happens.  "When I look
into the wind-hall I see a storm of swords arriving."  People only know
what I'm saying when they understand the metaphores...

Kadir beneath Mo Moteh.  Shaka, when the walls fell.

Qapla'!

-majIq

Back to archive top level