tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 18 15:45:15 1996

RE: mu'tlheghmey javDIch vImugh

December 18, 1996 4:37 PM, jatlh HurghwI':

> I think the problem is I'm not using Hoch correctly. Would you understand if
> I said:
> SoH rurbe'bogh Hoch nuv vISovbogh
>
> I thought Hoch was used like a verb, in that if you had a noun phrase {SoH
> rurbe'bogh nuv} it would precede the whole phrase. Do you see what I'm
> getting at?

No!  {Hoch} is a noun.  It can either stand alone meaning "all" or
"everything," or it can come in front of a noun, to mean "all <noun>s" or
"every <noun>."

By now I've forgotten the original thought here.  I suggest you recast with
fewer relative clauses.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian