tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 18 13:15:56 1996

Re: RE: mu'tlheghmey javDIch vImugh

jatlh charghwI':
>But you could say:
>
>jIHvaD targh qawmoH pIwlIj. Yes, the syntax of using {-moH} on a
>transitive verb looks strange, but it is canon, it is useful and
>I've grown accustomed to it. Why fight it? It makes sense
>according to my growing model of the relationship between verbs
>and objects in Klingon.

Do you have cannon for using "remember" in this way? Unless there is some
special circumstance, this sentence means, to me, "For my benifit your odor
causes the targ to remember," or "Your odor causes the targ to remember for me."

>For all the times I've been accused of being overly conservative
>and unwilling to accept change, I'm quite willing to accept new
>grammatical structures when Okrand offers them, so long as they
>do not appear to be mistakes. This one does not look like a
>mistake. I can't believe he didn't do this on purpose.

I agree, but I hadn't seen cannon for this structuring.

-HurghwI'
Hovjaj 96966.1

Back to archive top level