tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 18 13:15:21 1996

RE: mu'tlheghmey javDIch vImugh

jatlh SuStel:
>> It couldn't be the former because I
>> obviously know you well enough to say that you're evil. I wasn't sure if a
>> Klingon would care about this level of detail. SoH mIgh law' Hoch SoH
>> rurbe'bogh nuv vISovbogh mIgh puS.
>
>{Hoch SoH rurbe'bogh nuv vISovbogh}
>A person whom I know who doesn't resemble each you.
>
>Why are you trying to do this?  Even if you can use {Hoch} with pronouns, I
>suspect that you'd need {Hoch tlhIH}.  (Possibly this would get into whether
>the pronoun refers to the singular or the plural.)
>
>Quite simply, I do not understand this phrase!

I think the problem is I'm not using Hoch correctly. Would you understand if
I said:
SoH rurbe'bogh Hoch nuv vISovbogh

I thought Hoch was used like a verb, in that if you had a noun phrase {SoH
rurbe'bogh nuv} it would precede the whole phrase. Do you see what I'm
getting at?

-HurghwI'
Hovjaj 96965.0

>--