tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 18 12:58:47 1996

Re: parmaq (par'mach) - oh, it *IS* canon, eh?

At 11:14 AM 12/18/96 -0800, eric d. zay wrote:
>... I remind you that the first tlhIngan Hol vocabulary words were written
>by James Doohan, before Dr. Okrand ever became involved with the project.
>There is no doubt that Marc Okrand has the last word in tlhIngan Hol, but
>episodes (frustrating as they are) cannot be simply ignored.  If words from
>episodes are clearly defined, then we must accept them.

1.) They weren't written. They were said into a tape recorder.
2.) He didn't make the first words. He said a bunch of jibberish.
3.) Okrand decided to use baH (clipped) as FIRE (torpedoes, etc.) and a few
others that Doohan said in the recorder. Okrand didn't have to do that.

-mayq

Back to archive top level