tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 09 12:51:26 1996

KLBC: ST VI translations

	I watched ST VI again last night, and tried to catch some of the
<tlhIngan Holqoq> spoken.

	No surprise, I didn't catch a lot of it, as I've only begun my
learning.  However, what Chang said during the dinner at the start of the
movie is puzzling me.  As far as I can tell, he said,

	<taH maH, taHbe'!  Ha ha ha haa!!>

	To me, that seems like a very contextual use of "to be, or not to
be", or something like that.  But if it IS "to be, or not to be", I would
have translated it as:

	<taH maH, pagh taHbe' maH>

	Now, maybe I'm being too strict with my structure, or maybe I just
heard him wrong.  Suggestions <joq> comments?

 / _ \                                   \         ** Andrew Netherton **
 \__)|        "VENI, VIDI VINNIE"         \ __     jo'Sqa, tlhIngan SuvwI'
     \      I came, I saw my cousin.      |(_ \   Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Back to archive top level