tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 04 19:50:36 1996

RE: KLBC:bIpabwI'

December 04, 1996 5:02 AM, jatlh loDDoq:

> jatlh SuStel,
> bIpabwI'.
> bIQatlh ghaj 'ej qay',lugh'a'?
> choja',QaghwI' nuq'a'?
> 'a' vIlo' *as a* yu' jIH

nuqjatlh?

Let's see.  I think the second line is supposed to be "you are a Grammarian"
(well, BG, anyway).  The third was supposed to be "you're having difficulty
and problems, right?"  The fourth, "Tell me, what's the problem?"  The fifth I
can't make heads or tails of at all.

Unfortunately, I'm only guessing at what you said by imagining these as
English words and seeing how they're put together.  You must follow Klingon
sentence structure.  You must not try to use verbs as nouns.  You must use
verb suffixes on verbs, and noun suffixes on nouns.

Perhaps you should send this again, this time with the English translation of
what you meant, so I can help you out.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian