tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 28 13:15:34 1996

Re: KLBC naDev jIH vItu'lu'

ghItlh wovwI'
>& A minor point of vocabulary: we know that {So'}
>& means "hide something else"...
>
>jIQoch.  TKDDaq nav javmaH Hut yIlegh.  <nuqDaq So'taH yaS> = Where
>is the officer hiding?  So'eghqu'bejtaH yaS.  vaj <'egh>
>ghItlhnISbe'lu'.  chaq So'egh je So'wI' vIja'laH.

bItu'qu'.  chaq lughlaH <So''eghwI'> <So'wI'> je.
Notice the double {''} in {So''egh}, and the noun conjunction {je} comes
*after* the nouns.

>bIlughchu'.  I am incorrectly trying to stretch verb prefixes to
>represent indirect objects.  Would <tlhIHvaD lut vIlI'> be correct?

It would indeed be correct.  I can't say with certainty that the other
usage is incorrect, but I very much prefer to make the recipient explicit
using <-vaD>.

>You honour me with your assistance.  My knowledge rises like a well
>fed tribble population.  jIyajlaw' bIQIjmo'.

jIH je choquvmoH! :-)