tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 28 14:34:31 1996

Re: KLBC naDev jIH vItu'lu'

On 28 Apr 96, Alan Anderson wrote:

& ghItlh wovwI'
& > chaq So'egh je So'wI' vIja'laH.
&
& bItu'qu'. chaq lughlaH <So''eghwI'> <So'wI'> je.
& Notice the double {''} in {So''egh}, and the noun conjunction {je}
& comes *after* the nouns.

I intended to say, "I could say that a cloaking device also
hides itself," arguing that {So'wI'} isn't absolute evidence for the
transitivity of the verb, e.g. a glider glides, and the person in
the glider glides, but the glider doesn't glide him.  So maybe we
should say {Duj So'moH So'wI}, and allow the lurkers to say jISo'qa'.

pIm'a' {So''egh je So'wI'} {vIHbe' je ghew} je?

Sometimes tlhIngan Hol seems like trapdoor code: perfect sense to the
person who wrote it but impossible to extract the meaning again.

Robyn Stewart                  [email protected]
NLK Technical Library          "What you need to know"
NLK Consultants Inc, 855 Homer Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 5S2 *Canada*

Back to archive top level