tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 12 07:14:15 1996

No Subject

960412

Whoever said:
>>I am completely disappointed and lost. So what does then the true
>>tlhIngan Hol has to do with Star Trek if it is not used there?

I'll drink to him/her. A person with common sense.

>Did you not read the message? *NAMES* don't always follow the rules. Other
>stuff does. I assume you have never watched the show, as I'm sure you would
>have noticed Worf's name. (You *do* know he's the Klingon, right?)

Is the show relevant to the language?
I can only speak for myself, but I'm working on Klingon,
because it's an interesting language, not because of some
naive American TV show. (No - I don't watch the show.
I've seen some few episodes though, but I've never heard
any tlhIngan Hol spoken on them.) 'ut tlhIngan Hol'e' -
ghorgh tlhIngan <movie> lIng <paramount pix>?

"Worf" on the show is played by an American actor (Michael
Dorn?) not a Klingon and I suppose he's not a learner either
because I can't get a word of what he says on the tapes.
tera'ngan 'oH <M.Dorn>'e' qar'a'.

The Klingon Empire is a result of conquests one after another
isn't it?  Perhaps the names that don't fit to tlhIngan Hol
phonetics are from times when tlhIngan Hol wasn't spoken in
that part of the universe. tlhIngan wo'Daq nuq bIH latlh Hol'e'?
One practical question: How do Klingons spell the names
that break the rules? pIqaD lo'DI' chay' <K> ghItlh tlhIngan?

Sa' qIQwI'

Back to archive top level