tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 08 12:52:52 1996

Re: my list of names

>Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 12:20:28 -0700
>From: Consulat General de Pologne <#[email protected]>

>In your list I have found several illegal tlhIngan Hol names.

>They mostly break the rules of tlhIngan Hol phonology,
>(see my next message), sometimes - those of spelling.
>Some of them are surely Klingonaase names.

>Illegal names:

>* vortInbraS, Fortinbras
>   -nbr- : three consonants other than legal in the middle

I *STILL* don't have my copy in hand, but at least in the online Hamlet
from which it is derived (which I edited), the name is "vortIbraS", which
you will note does not have a triple-consonant cluster.  We thought of
that.  Is it otherwise in the printed version?

Note that many of the other names you list are nonce-respellings, and I
wouldn't consider them true proposed Klingonizations of the English (or
other) names.

~mark

Back to archive top level