tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 07 06:15:00 1996

Re: San rI'lu' (was Re: Kingon mood music)

>["Carmina Burana"  "O Fortuna" je wIqel]
>
>Daniel asks:
>>What would it sound like in Klingon? That might be some thing to look
>>forward to.
>
>'ay' wa'DIch vImugh 'e' vInID.
>
>Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi
>(Fortune, Empress of the World)
>{qo' che'bogh be' ghaH San'e'}
>--------
>O Fortuna (Chorus)     O Fortune               San rI'lu' (bom Hoch)
>
>O Fortuna              O Fortune,              San wInoymoH
>velut luna             like the moon           maS Dalaw' 'oH
>statu variabilis,      you are changeable,     reH choHtaHmo' maS rurbej
>semper crescis         ever waxing             reH ghurlaw'lI'
>aut decrescis;         and waning;             'ej nuplaw'lI'
>vita detestabilis      hateful life            reH ghu' ram ghu' potlh je tlhej
>nunc obdurat           first oppresses         rut nuQIDchoH
>et tunc curat          and then soothes        rut nupIvmoH
>ludo mentis aciem,     as fancy takes it;      maghuHbe' wuqmo' yIn wIH
>egestatem,             poverty                 mIpHa'ghach'e'
>potestatem             and power               potlhbogh woQ je
>dissolvit ut glaciem.  it melts them like ice. Sanmo' tetbogh chuch rur bIH
>--------
>
>murI' jInmolna' 'e' vIQoylaw'!

I've tried singing it, it works, the glottelstops make for a very
interesting song, you already have glottelstops, kinda, in the music. If
some one could give me a longer text with some help on the pronounciation, I
could sing it and send it to the KLI, for your listening pleasure.

Qapla'

Daniel

Back to archive top level