tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 27 06:22:39 1995

Re: Some Klingon text

>Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 23:04:49 -0700
>From: Nick Nicholas <[email protected]>

Dunno the Scottish songs, will look at them soon.  But one thing...

>And on a more peaceful note: this is how Sesame Street starts in Klingon.
>Unfortunately, I only know the first verse in English; could some kind
>soul mail me the remainder?

>Sunny day;					pem Hov jaj.
>everything's A-OK.				HochvaD vIjatlhnIS "maj".
>On my way					ghoch vIghaj.
>to where the air is sweet.			'ej pa' muDmo' jIbel.
>Can you tell me how to get ---		chay' *Sesame Street* vIghoS,
>how to get to Sesame Street?			SIbI' jIHvaD 'e' yIDel!

>(A day of the daytime star.
>Because of all things I am compelled to say "well done!"

You mean "to" all things?

>I have a destination;
>and there, because of the atmosphere, I am pleased.
>Describe to me *immediately*
>how to go to Sesame Street!)

I believe you have the words wrong.  The first verse is:

Sunnyt day,
Sweeping(?) the clouds away.
On my way
to where the air is sweet.
Can you tell me how to get ---
how to get to Sesame Street?

(It may be "chasing" or something instead of "sweeping.")

The *second* verse goes something like:

Come and play.
everything's A-OK.
Friendly neighbors there,