tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 26 05:20:21 1995

Re: Possible US TV alert

ghItlh r'Hul:

> Last night I saw a promo for the NBC show "Brotherly Love." (Wed. Nov 25, 8pm
> EST)  Normally I wouldn't pay any attention.  But apparently the guys are going
> to a ST convention.  George Takei is guesting.  And one of the teasers showed a
> very large Klingon.  This is not a quality plug (Never watched the show.) just a
> content one.  (IOW Don't blame me if the show is lousey!{{:-)   >)  Hey, maybe
> we'll get to hear <nuq neH> mispronounced again.

I saw the same promos & decided to watch the show, which I've never seen
either. One of the main character's friends (the Klingon r'Hul mentioned)
was finally going to meet his girlfriend (Lotus) from the 'net IRL, at a
con. Surprise! [Sarcasm] he'd sent the main character's pic instead of his
own.  I'm sure you can guess the rest.

There were, naturally, a lot of pokes at trekkies & 'netters. No one even
tried to speak tlhIngan Hol, but the guy's costume was pretty good, except
for the red nose. (?!)

The best part was George Takei playing an obsessed fan who'd had plastic
surgery to look like George Takei. [giggle] He looked like he was having
a great time, going around to everyone, pointing at his cheeks & and
asking if he should get Takei's "trademark dimples". [ROTFLOL]

Qapla'
tlheghmeQ

Back to archive top level