tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 16 20:59:25 1995

HolQeD 4:3 p4 S7

I was just attempting to parse the entry for card S7 in the latest issue of
HolQeD, and I came across something that I'm not sure I understand.  In the
first part of the third sentence:

DujvamDaq tlhingan nuH tu'lu'bogh pov law' Hoch pov puS...

the excellence of the Klingon weapons which one finds on this vessel is
greater than the excellence of all others.

The question is this.  Am I correctly interpreting the placement of the
word <tlhingan> in this sentence?  Somehow pointing out that they are
Klingon weapons seems odd, almost extraneous.  At first I thought that
<tlhingan> was describing the ship, but in that case, it should be placed
before <DujvamDaq>.  Am I picking a nit, or is it possible there is
something new here?

Also, is there prior canon evidence that the -bogh contruction in a
law'/puS comparison is valid, or is this the first confirmation that this
is allowed?

DochHommey law' vInuD neH

qo'ran

Back to archive top level