tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 16 15:04:25 1995

Re: Scotty

On Mon, 16 Oct 1995 [email protected] wrote:

>In the "Star Trek" section of the 2nd Edition Internet Yellow Pages, there is
>a 'article' on how originally James Doohan created the few words like baH for
>the beginning of Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Mr. Okrand took it from
>there and essentially created the whole language.  If this is true, why
>doesn't James D. get any credit for starting the tlhIngan-Hol?  Don't get me
>wrong, Mark Okrand is DA MAN for pioneering the tlhIngan-Hol but isn't James
>D. the original creator?

Who says he doesn't get credit?  Marc Okrand is very forthcomming with this
fact.  The times I've seen him talking about how he got involved in creating
tlhIngan Hol, he always mentions this fact.

I will admit that TKD doesn't mention Doohan.  But it also states that all we
know of the language comes from Maltz. (Wink, wink.)

>qatlho je Qapla'
>Thiago M

r'Hul
Klingon Kleavage Klub for Women